International Feature Films:
Feature-length narratives with a minimum running time of 60
International movies with various spoken language are welcomed
but must be added with English subtitles.
International Short Films:
Short narrative films with a run time of 59 minutes and
Over 60 minutes in length
Runtime of 59 minutes and below
We are welcoming newcomers in the movie industry. The film
director must state that the movie is his or her third movie (or
under) on his/her application.
Any kind of technique, with any duration, maximum 125 minutes.
Art & Performances:
Theatrical performances, drama, pantomime, art performances,
opera, dance, any kind of art exhibition
Production Package of Five:
Any four additional from the main category above. Please select
any film production categories and performances such as
directing, cinematography, editing, story, acting, sound,
production design, costume design, music, costumes, etc.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to
Sumedang International Film Festival:
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your
film(s) or screenplay to Borobudur International Film Festival
(the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS
below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have
been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the
submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any
legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP
(optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title,
length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No
Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the
envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care
will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we
cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or
damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not
receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs
clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit,
must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural
Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director
reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards
at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning
filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony, will only
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for
any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have
accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and
reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity
purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material
should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will
be screened. The festival has the full right to select the
winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film
unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening
of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes
in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so
due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep
communications with the Festival professional and in good taste.
Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in
the adjudication process, including the nullification of
Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the
Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted
his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be
expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and
partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint
events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary
changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation
of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission
19. Films could be from any year.
20. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the
International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any
dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will
have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission
fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and
will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all
of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners,
affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability
associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.